Dr. Maria Azizian
Dr. Azizian is originally from Armenia and comes from a family of physicians. Her grandfather was a trauma surgeon during World War II. He inspired his three children to go into medicine, as well. Dr. Azizian’s father, Dr. Koriun Azizian, became known as one of the best psychiatrists in Armenia in the field of neuroses. Dr. Azizian immigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1990 enjoying living in New England ever since. She has resided in and enjoyed the beauty of Cape Cod, MA since 2013.
Dr. Maria Azizian enjoys the office-based dermatological procedures, as well as major emergent life-saving surgeries performed in the operating room at the hospital. She believes that there is no concept of a minor procedure for a patient. Every procedure needs to be approached with the same precision and meticulous planning to achieve the least invasive, least painful and cosmetically superior result. She firmly believes in mind-body connection, and works on establishing a secure and comfortable emotional and physical environment for the patient. A relaxed patient is a happy patient. She is also interested in integration of holistic and Western medicine as an ultimate marriage of two very different but equally effective approaches to health.
In 2018 Dr. Azizian went on her first medical mission to Yerevan, Armenia, where she performed minor cosmetic surgical procedures for disadvantaged population.
In 2019 she formed a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, called MedArmeniaPhilanthropy.
The mission of this organization is to improve quality and access to medical care in rural Armenia, especially, at its border villages.
Dr. Azizian went on her first mission in rural Vardenis in April 2019. To read more about her experiences and philanthropy work there, please visit www.medarmeniaphilanthropy.com.
Dr. Maria Azizian’s hobbies and interests include reading, listening to jazz music, sightseeing and flamenco dancing. She resides in Falmouth with her husband, 3 children, 1 dog, 1 bunny and 1 guinea pig.
- Undergraduate Education: BA (cum laude) Clark University, Worcester, MA (Biochemistry Major)
- Medical School: University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
- Residency in General Surgery: University of Vermont College of Medicine at Fletcher Allen Hospital
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Medical Licenses in the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Member of American Medical Association, Massachusetts Medical Society and New Hampshire Medical Society
- Dr.Azizian is affiliated with Falmouth Hospital in Falmouth, MA and works as an emergent
surgeon at MetroWest System: Framingham Union Hospital and Leonard Morse Hospital.